Platinum’s Experience with Embedded Networks Systems
Embedded networks are common in among strata titled buildings such as shopping centres, commercial buildings, retirement villages and residential developments.
If you are the developer or the Owners Corporation of a building then you are able to on-sell energy to your tenants/occupants.
Even Tenants/occupants benefit through:
- Cheaper energy and gas bills
- Owners/managers benefit through additional revenue streams.
Embedded networks are established to physically aggregate the energy consumed within the entire complex to a single metered point . Sub-meters measure tenants’ and common area consumption using the latest in smart interval metering technology.
Even though, the Owners Corporations are not required to hold a licence to sell or distribute energy. Platinum can help comply with the relevant obligations in industry codes that the
- Essential Services Commission (ESC)
- Australian Energy Regulator (AER)
Embedded networks commonly involve the following key participants:
- Consumers have selected to purchase electricity from either the embedded network or from the national market via a registered energy retailer.
- Common Area – these meters record the energy consumed for public light and power and any mechanical services.
- Meter – one or sometimes multiple meters record the total energy consumed within the embedded network.