A duly endorsed energy reduction plan can be a good start and this energy reduction plan should outline the appropriate process of identifying and implementing such opportunities for the Strata building to save energy, money and time.
Drafting an energy reduction plan
- Review the current energy consumption of common property
- Establish the baseline energy usage and benchmarks
- Undertake an audit by using a reputable company to identify the opportunities and the weak areas to review the energy used
- Develop a strategy, the cost of implementation, potential energy savings, and the expected payback period to begin with.
Endorsing the plan
- First draft a motion proposing to have your energy reduction plan approved
- Research and discuss about the motion and energy reduction plan with all concerned
- Executive committee discussions to formulate the approach to table at the next AGM and the manager to list this on the agenda